From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 11:46:04 -0600
Hi Amy, et.  al.;

(I'm cross posting this to the fml in hopes of saving someone else the
similar loss)

>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: "Amy Riutzel"
>
>Everyone, this is an emergency.  Its 730 et and I just woke to findblood
>and a ferret.  Gave her pycogenol last nite first time.  Ithink shes dying.
>Blood from rear end all over.  If anyone isreading this and has hope call
>me.  Collect.  717 481 7854 Vetsoffice opens one our.  Thanks
>Amy
>
>Dear All,  This is a follow up to my earlier plea for advice for asick
>ferret...   Nothing could be done for her.  She is gone now.  Ihave
>requested an  autopsy to find out where all the blood could havecome from.
>The vet asked about rat poison but I don't have any suchthing around my
>house or anything else my guys could or would getinto.  if we find any
>info that would benefit others I will certainlypass it on.  Amy

I'm sorry to hear of the loss... i had a similar experience with Fred a few
years ago.  Both the vet & I forgot vit.K can slow/stop bleeding.  I've
since learned Kayopectate, plain, given like 5-10cc evey 1/2 hr to stop
the bleeding is emergency care.  If it's an ulcer, it can be cured with
tetracycline & bismouth (in pepto bismol, though I only could get a 1/2
tablet crushed into some flax seed oil into anyone as the liquid is bad
tasting).

[ref.  for this is Dr. Wallach, "Dead Dr.'s don't lie"]; {I send out is
info with each first order of Timmy's, if someone needs the info send me
an email..}

A lady in LA had the problem & her son was taking tet.  250mg/3x/day for
acne.  We guessed at 1/10th of a cap/day, for 10 days.  She even forgot the
pepto but said a week later he's all fine.  She even gave it to 2 others
who wern't doing veyr well & they're all better!

Sometimes all we can do is learn from a bad experience so others can
benefit.

take care, hugs to all

Gary & the gang of fur
Timmy's web site=<http://www.concentric.net/~Gferret/>; He's the ferret
totally healed from "terminal lymphoma" without drugs or surgery. :)