From:
Lise O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 17:48:23 -0700
Hello all!

Hope fuzzies and people are doing well.

I just learned a bit of information regarding the new ferret distember
which I wish to pass on.  If this has already been discussed, pls forgive
the replication; it's been quite a while since I have had the time to read
the fml.

I took my friends ferrets to the PetCo in Central NJ to have their shots.
I was informed the vets will no longer do ferrets because 1 in 10 have
reactions.  In the month of September alone, there have been four KNOWN
reactions (not counting those which were not reported).

In NJ it is required Vets use ferretvac though not all vets have switched
from the canine/feline distemper mix.  Ask your vet which is used, was the
suggestion.

I was informed the company which makes FerretVac has taken no steps to
improve the vaccine.  It was suggested ferret people contact the company
to inquire how many complaints have been made (though, I personally doubt
one would get a straight answer...you know, corp. buracracy).

On a non-related note: for those in the Somerville, NJ area, the PetCo just
off the Circle, DOES have Totally Ferret.  It is on the bottom shelf just
below Zupreem.  And since ALL PetCo's shelve their items exactly the same,
any PetCo which carries TF will have this item on the bottom shelf below
the Zupreem.

Happy Dooks

Lise and her VERY HAPPY five now at Camp T