From:
Jessica Alsop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 00:44:21 -0700
Here's the story: While taking a load of stuff down to my mom's house, I
stopped at the local pet store known as Pet Ranch.  Pet Ranch has a very
bad reputation as a chain of stores, however this one had just been taken
over by a very caring new owner.  When he got there the cages for puppies
were in a bad way, as well as the cage for the ferrets.  He had just
finished remodeling.  When he took the store over there where 5 ferrets
that had been there for almost a year.  They were thin and ragged.  After
he got them plumped out a bit they started selling quickly.  There were
two very big boys left.  One who looks like a bear and one that has a
cateract (or however you spell it) in one eye.  The old owners were
treating it for fungus and had no idea that it was actually a cateract.
The boys had bonded and to seperate them would be cruell, so he sold them
to me for 140 for the pair.  They came with collars, and he gave me a
discount on some supplies like leash/harness and a large litter pan as
the boys would not be able to use the small ones they are so big.

I pick them up saturday and will get some pictures going very soon.  I
gave them common names only because the names fit them and they liked
the names when I called them out.  So comming soon to my family will be
two brothers named Bear and Jack.