From:
Gerald Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2010 06:09:25 -0700
A very good, tough ferret toy is the Hol-ee Roller ball. We have had
one for over 2 years now. When Diesel was a kit he picked it out in the
pet store, the ball is the 5-inch so when he carried it he had to have
his head way high in the air. It was truly funny. To this day he still
plays with the ball every day. The ball normally "sleeps" in the top
right corner of the ferret nation cage. The 5-inch ball has holes just
big enough to spread open and put a small cat ball with bell inside
that's the preferred method for D-Butt. As far as other toys, I have
found none that come close to the durability of the ball. I did have a
ferret once that LOVED the duck toy. It was just a dog toy that quacked
when you squeezed it, little furry stuffed animal type thing. It lasted
about 8 to 9 months. As soon as I started to see the guts I threw it
out. And as far as other squeaky dog toys go, yes I let my ferrets have
them. I always keep a close watch on them. Twice a week or more, I go
through all hiding spots and inspect all toys for damage, If the toy is
messed up just a little bit it gets tossed without question. One more
toy idea that seems to work very well would be pill bottles, just rinse
them out, and put the cap on. Some of them I have put some rice in,
some of them have 3 pennies in them, and some are just empty.

Gerald Stewart

Four Paws Ferret Boarding & Rescue (not a shelter)
Renton Washington.

PS. You can never go wrong with throwing the paper grocery bag on the
floor for them, they will go nutz..

[A later P.S.]:

Forgot to include a link to it so yall can see what it looks like.
http://www.dog.com/item/hol-ee-roller-ball/310122/
this pic makes the bars look real skinny, on the 5 inch one the bars
are nice and thick. You can also get them from pet stores too they
are just more expensive.

Gerald Stewart