Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 2009 07:39:32 EDT
Oh Boy! I have laminate floors and let me tell you I doubt if I'd have
them again with my animals (ferrets 7, dogs 4,cats 2, fish and a bird)
We were told when we bought that it had a 25 yr guarantee against water
and ammonia (urine). Ha! What a laugh. Especially since we explained
what kind of family we had before we bought. If left wet it will begin
to bubble at the seams. Hence my ferret room has many tiny bubbled
spots.

My floor around the water dish for my dogs is slightly warped. I have a
water proof mat underneath it but if Harley plays in the water, which
he is prone to do, I have to be sure to pick everything up and make
sure it is dry. When you mop just be sure you don't leave the floor
wet, squeeze as much water from mop as possible. Don't use the
pre-moistened floor pads except in quick clean ups as floor gets
sticky.

Oh yeah, the Manufacturer refuses to honor the warranty as we have
animals. I quit using special cleaners, I use whatever I want, I just
make sure I don't leave the floor "wet". I was also told not to mop
my floor more than once a month. It took me several minutes to stop
laughing and pick myself back up off of the floor. Can you imagine what
it would be like with my four footed family after a month?

However, my vet has put down a commercial grade laminate. The jury is
still out.

Other than that the floor is harder than nails. Ferts cannot scratch
it and I have not had any damage from falling objects or from slipping
claws. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me.

Terry and her 7 Happy Scampers