From:
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 21:29:18 -0800
>From:    bounty <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: UCE from someone who got my address from the newsgroup or one of
>         these lists, i'm guessing

For what its worth the IFA has been defunct for many years and Fox Morton
has the primary ferret person of that couple back when they founded Path
Valley farms.  The IFA was a private corporation and the sole property of
George Harmon.  A couple variations on where he is now, but all have him
completely out of ferrets.  I belive Chuck Morton has no involvement anymore
either.

I'd wager there ain't no way those endorsements are legit...

>From:    Adele   Asencio <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Big Thank You

It is unfortunate that all ferret mail lists have the three letters in
common.  But you've recently changed the name of this list from Ferret to
Ferret-L which is the name of yet another ferret mail list.  FML is as much
an abbreviation of the description of this list as strictly of its name.

Some folks prefer this list.  Some prefer the Ferret-Forum.  Thats why we
have two.  Just as with most of our advice on ferrets - stick with what
works for you.  All of the many ferret mail lists have their own disticnt
personalities.  This list is dominated by a small number of American ferret
shelters.  The Ferret-Forum has a more international nature.  The first
Ferret-L is slow moving list.  Even the regional lists in Texas, British
Columbia, Quebec and North Carolina have their own personalities.  There
have been several of lists oriented toward just stories but since we've not
subscribed to them we don't know them very well.  Ferret Tales gets talked
about here.  I don't know that status of Pepitas or the others.  But its not
really nice to complain about one mail list on another.  If you don't like a
mail list than you unsubscribe or perhaps start your own.  Unnecessary
bashing helps no one.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]

[Moderator's note: Personally, I think the FML's focus is pretty
international and general, but your comment about the focus is an
interesting one for me to ponder, perhaps exactly because I see it
differently.

The FERRET vs FERRET-L mess is due to pretty stupid technical reasons here,
though it's more an internal reference than the "name" of the list, which
remains "The Ferret Mailing List".  Hmmm... I probably can make it say
"FERRET-MAILING-LIST" internally, but that's confusing too.  Before I
consider that, can someone please email info to me about the other FERRET-L?
I was on that list but haven't gotten anything for several years. BIG]