From:
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 1997 16:25:52 -0700
>From:    Chris & Shelley Knudsen <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Chicago Ferret Show

Sounds like political posting to me... Someone mentioned ECE in conjunction
with an LOS show so someone has to return the attacks.

This should stop.  People have been attacking the GCFA show ever since they
went independant.  To our knowledge despite these rumors having been spread
for four years no outbreaks of disease have been traced to a GCFA show in
that time.  No outbreaks of disease have been traced to AFA, FURO, other
independant, LIFE or LOS shows in that timeframe either.  I'm pretty sure
that none has been traced to NAFA shows either.

All of the major and even the minor ferret show organizations have
disinfectants for use to prevent disease spread.  All have "vet checks" at
the door to prevent sick ferrets from entering their show halls.  All
encourage restricting access to show ferrets.  All are basically the same
on this.

There is still a chance that a ferret might catch something at a show but
every effort is made by all organizations to prevent this.  It is not
helping the "cause of ferrets" for the various groups to engage in rumor
mongering.  If we are truly concerned with ferrets rather than politics we
will assist ALL groups not spread trash about those that aren't "ours".

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]