From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 2009 05:01:29 -0500
So Isabella you did not pick my bestest shelter helper entry! What
is up with that? Thanks for considering it though, now I want all
the FML'ers to see what I wrote. Congratulations to the
winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even though it was not us! Possum

Hey Isabella, Possum here, I heard you have this contest going to find
"the bestest shelter helper ever". ONE special helper? Not in OUR
lives! How many paws does it take to run a shelter? Let the ferret
farm fur kids tell you about Possum's Posse!

Sooooo all of us AND I do mean all of us; started chattering all at
once when we heard about this new contest of yours, we tossed out the
names of all the shelter helpers we call our "Posse" that come to
assist mum in keeping this place running! You could even hear fuzz
butts yell this name and that from the farthest of play rooms' oh
how about that?

Just to give you an idea just how many paws (I mean hands), it takes
to help take care of us here at this shelter, these are just some of
the things our "Posse" will do,

(Tune of the night before Christmas)
They pick up our poopy papers, drag out the trash, and then scrub a
floor, oh what a chore!
Wipe down a barrier or maybe a carrier. Pick up the toys and put them
away, pick up the socks then off to the litter box,
Let's fill all the dishes with fresh food and water, don't forget;
empty the yucky bucket water.
News papers for playrooms need to be laid; clean laundry stacked high
waits to be folded and put away.
Pick up a broom to sweep up the rice, peanuts and beans, we toss when
we play. Mum's right behind you with the H2O mop to soften our poo;
with scraper in hand the posse will do.
If you go to the basement to get us more papers, the washer is ready
for another big load.
A call comes in; theirs a fur kid in need; but way off the path so mum
can't proceed, the alarm is sounded the posse comes in with the fur
kid all checked and saved from the wind.
The posse may come the posse may go with bags full of laundry to wash
were they go.
When equipment is broken and off to the side; in rides the posse to fix
and provide. You see when it means the grass will get high the posse
will bring us a mower to ride. Least we forget the trimming needs
doing, in comes the young-ins to get the weed-eating going.
Our food is mixed so gently you see we have hands that love us and care
for our feed.
Fur kids need doc so the taxi arrives to shuttle them up; oh what ride.
The posse does dishes, cutting the grass, trimming the bushes they push
things so fast. Donations of many dropped in the yard; the posse comes
running to help with this too; it is time to wrap them and store them
for you.
The play yard all cracked and broken oh my!
Our cries go out for the art work of fun; with the art work produced to
depict the dilemma, a smirk from the artist, work has begun! The
cartoon is sent out with our request for some help; the supplies come
in with many who help.
A bulletin brings in the troops from afar; 2 days of hard work gets us
back on the track; the cracks are all covered and pieces affixed; our
play yard now ready, safe and all fixed!
Mending so high is it hard to see where it will end but the posse has
fixed it, oh what a friend!
Mum needs to leave for far away places what will we do to fill her foot
spaces? Our reporter reports that a replacement we need, who will come
help us do what we need?
As clinic day nears the calls are put out the posse comes running for a
little more help!
Canopies up and tables galore; many a human will help with the chores,
did you notice the table with goodies a plenty stacked high with
ferrety things from all over the world? The hospital staff spending
time with us here how lucky we are to have humans who care.
The gutters need cleaning the trees need trimming off to the roof
the posse will go to bring down the branches; so water will flow.
Last but not least the posse is sure to keep mum in good food to stay
healthy for sure.

The Ferret Farm Shelter Kids

Lakeroad Ferret Farm Rescue/shelter
<http://www.ferretfarm.org/>