From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 21:13:44 -0600
Hello All,

To all those who thought it was safe again, I'm baaaaaack.

Just wanted to let everyone know, I think the email is weirding out at the
school.  I haven't been getting all my mail, I can tell from the cryptic
remarks I have been getting.  so if you haven't heard from me, write again.
It is probably in cyber space somewhere.

I am still quite ill and still in bed.  I tried school on Thursday and
regretted it around 10am.  Although the discussion on male primates and
relative gonad size in evolution was quite interesting.  Leave it to a man
to bring up that topic for discussion.  BTW, for any interested, there is
going to be a guest lecturer on the (?) 15th on chimps and bonobos.  Write
me if interested.

The ferrets are all laughing at me.  I am still on the flagyl and
antibiotics.  They think it is really hilarious.  And this is after I give
them the fruit and crunch treats.  Ingrates.

I want to thank everyone for all the responses to my plea for ferret
sitters.  I did get a local response and hopefully that will pan out.  I
have checked the vets, and such, but the biggest problem is ferrets are
illegal in the city limits (I live outside them) and no one has a lot of
experience with them.  I do have a couple who will nip out of fear and so am
very cautious about it all.

Because I live alone and don't know but 2 folks in Columbia, I want to get
someone set up in case of emergency.  That has been my biggest fear,
accident or such and no one can even get in the house to look after the
guys.  BTW, one person won't do it and the other is allergic.  And I don't
have any family to rely upon, so it is hard.

It isn't a question of cost either, I have plenty to pay a nice salary to a
pet sitter.  I know how much work it is after all.  ;-)

Pookie has decided that she just might let Brock join her harem.  She
doesn't kick his butt quite so much anymore.  And he seems to get along with
Ollie and Nicky quite well, so I think we have a new foursome.  She really
has the life that woman, she does.  Got me and all the men trained.

Margaret In Mid Missouri