From:
Vickie McKimmey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:20:54 -0500
>From: Julia Goodwin-Todd <[log in to unmask]>
>Hi, I was cruising around on Petfinder.com and found these two ferrets at
>a shelter in VA....anyone interested and rescuing them?????
>
>http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/VA75.html
>Animal Shelter of Loudoun County
>Waterford, VA 540-882-3211

Hi!

Loudoun County Animal Shelter does not kill the ferrets, or the cats, or
the dogs, or the rabbits, or the iguanas, or the mice, or the livestock or
anything else that comes in their doors.  How do I know?  I live 12 miles
from the shelter, I work for Loudoun County Government and keep tabs on
their website weekly, that's how.

Loudoun County Animal Shelter used to be anti ferret, now they are very
pro ferret.  They have had a 100% success rate of adopting out any ferret
that get dropped off or turned in.  Usually ferrets are never there longer
than 2 weeks before being placed.  Also they usually don't get more than 8
ferrets a year.

If someone is in Northern VA and wants to adopt these guys, great!  But if
you are in Northern VA and really want to help out an overcrowded ferret
shelter, consider adopting one or two or three from FerretsR1 shelter in
Falls Church, VA.  Faith is over flowing with adoptable fuzzies and has a
waiting list of more wanting to be dumped....uh.....I mean dropped off.