From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 1996 09:33:05 -0400
I would like to thank Chere McCoy, Howard Davis, Jeanne and Floyd Carley,
Stephanie and Rick Sheme, Pam Grant, Troy Lynn Eckart, anyone whose name I
missed, and all of you who took the time to call or write the Humane Society
of the United States to help bring about this important change in HSUS'
policy toward ferrets.

I would also like to thank Martha Armstrong, HSUS VP for Companion Animals,
for her openmindedness and willingness to listen to the truth and make
necessary changes to policy.  All of us who wrote HSUS protesting their
previous policy should now write gracious letters thanking them for the
change.  Remember: rewards are a better training tool than punishment!

Ferrets of the United States do a war dance of victory, and send dooks and
kisses to you who worked so hard.

I hope the timing of this will provide the last straw for pushing California
legalization efforts over the top!

Linda, Richard, Joy, Belle and Caruso