From:
JudithMoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 05:19:43 -0800
For 9 years we have fed Mazuri Ferret Diet.  We have experienced no
problems of any kind using it.  Our mothers have plenty of milk, breed
easily, birth easily, stay in good condition and we have had no abortions,
still births or deformed babies.  Even with all that I am constantly trying
new feeds and checking out new treats, etc.  Well, we have finally found a
food as good as Mazuri Ferret Diet.  It might even be a bit better in some
ways.  It is ZuPreem Premium Ferret Diet.  www.zupreem.com or 800-345-4767
I found the ingredients very good.  Chicken meal, animal fat, ground wheat,
wheat flour, chicken by-product meal, chigen, egg product, liver meal, beet
pulp, animal digest, brewers yeast, potassium chloride, choline chloride,
iodized salt, taurine, DL-methionine, natural mixed tocopherols, rosemary
extract, citric acid, ferrous sulfate, zine oxice, copper chloride,
manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, vitamin A supplement,
D-Actived animal sterol ( a source of Vitamin D3), vitamin E supplement,
thiamine, niacin, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride,
riboflavin, folice acide, biotin, Vitamin B12 supplement

Guaranteed analysis
crude protein   min 40.0%
crude fat       min 20.0%
crude fiber     max  2.0%
moisture        max 10.0%

Right now it comes in 4 or 10 lb bags and is somewhat comparable to Mazuri
in cost.  We ran some quick palatability tests here.  My ferrets usually
turn down new foods.  This one they really chowed down on.

This gets a tentative approval from us.  We want to feed it for a while to
see how the nursing jills do and how the litters grow before saying we will
back it 100%.  If you contact the ZuPreem people they will send out some
free samples and tell you how and where to get the diet.  It can be ordered
from Jeffers 1-800-633-7592 also.

Judith
Moonsong Ferrets bred to be the perfect companion
http://moonsongferrets.virtualave.net