From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 19:57:15 -0800
Slave of Weasel Chris, I tried a mouse and it was less than great.  The
mouse (bought from Petco) was put in a large empty storage tub, and ferret
after ferret was put in with him.  One sniffed him, then hurried away, one
sniffed him then jumped a foot when the mouse ran under him, then I put
Welly in.  I knew I could count on Welly!  He was all over that mouse like
a cat on a cricket!  (or a mouse!) I decided watching mouse murdering was
not good pre-dinner activity, so left.  When I returned, the rear third of
the mouse was in the corner and Welly looked funny.  As soon as I put him
in his cage he puked.  All over the place!  Mouse pieces were flying
everywhere.  Welly retched for several minutes and I felt terrible.  My
husband allowed as how he hoped this wouldn't be happening again.  It
hasn't.

Let me recommend something much more fun.  Baby octopus!  We accidentally
got some in a Chinese dish and the ferrets had a great time with them.
Well, not all the ferrets.  The same 2 that ignored the mouse ignored the
octopuses, but Welly and his sister scarfed them right down.

Georgia - the left coast one...