From:
Rachel Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 1994 18:22:16 -0500
Hi all!
What is FFZ? Is is something to do with the states where ferrets are illegal?
(I'm the new subscriber from Mass. where it's still illegal.) What would be
appropriate to say to my congressman, and what is an appropriate way to say
it , when asking for lobbying?  (I am not a good politician ;) ).

To Michelle and the Masketeers, I agree with you and admire that you stated
your feelings knowing you might get flamed.  In my opinion, if we can't say
something we feel strongly about for fear of starting a electronic war, then
we miss out on a lot of info and interesting comments.  What's important is
that you were c areful in how you said what you had to say and that you
sensitive to others' feelings.x On the other hand, I'm really looking
forward to hearing news of the birth of the new litter, and how it went and
how cute the kits are.

Re Daisy who lost weight and fur due to pancreas cancer: I wonder now if that
is what took my Ferret. Aside from the violent behavior, Ferret had similar
symptoms. I was fortunate to find a vet who would treat her, and came to the
house to do it, but he/she (protection of identity) didn't have any
experience with ferrets. I used the same criteria you did in making the
decision to euthanize. Ferret eventually was almost blind, had about 6 hairs,
was skinny as a mite, but she still explored and stole whatever she could.
The day she stopped exploring was the day I called the vet to come the next
day for her euthanasia. I spent the whole last 24 hours holding and smelling
her and memorizing her, hoping she'd "go" on her own before the vet came. She
licked all the tears off my face and thought it was a great treat. Ironic, I
thought, and cried harder. Clearly I still miss her dreadfully and empathize
with you on your loss. Eventually I was able to think of her without pain,
just smiles.

Am I taking up too much space talking about Ferret this way? I'm just so glad
to find an outlet. I don't know anyone who's ever had a ferret.

To the ferret box cleaner and Grendel, yes, Grendel behaves exactly like
Ferret did. She also like Andes Mints. She also kept a stash somewhere and
would come to me with fresh breath even when I hadn't just given her a mint.
Well, enough for now.
RachelR