From:
SCN User <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 10:12:50 -0700
We hang two bottles in the cage--and another one outside, facing the other
way, so the ferrets can get a drink without having to go into the cage.
The outside one is very popular--one of my ferrets has even figured out
what time I empty and refill it every morning!  Monty will wait for me to
put the fresh water in, and then guzzle it happily.

So some of you might like to try that if you haven't already.  Just hang
another bottle on the outside!

Kate, Monty and Madison

(why two in the cage?  in case one of them gets messed up, of course!
Fuuny thing--ever since I started using two in the cage, I haven't had any
problems with one of them leaking.  Sure, I now have three bottles to fuss
with, but one can always use the "old" water to water plants. . .)