From:
Stephenie Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:37:23 +0100
No Toram

I have not gotten in touch with Soren, for the simple reason that until
about 4 or 5 months ago I did not even know he existed.

What I don't like about Soren is that I do not like people that think
they are god and can manipulate nature.  I think the Angora is beautiful,
But I have never had one, better still I have spent years trying to
convince people in Holland not to get them.  I do not condemn people who
have them, if I didn't know what problems were involved, then I might
have gotten some myself.  I luckily new before hand, the people with
angoras are the innocent who are paying for Sorens high and mighty
attitude of being a breeder.  Have you seen his homepage, there is a
ferret on that list that he is asking a fortune for, because it's rare,
I bet that in a few years, when he has had time to strengthen the gene,
they wont be so rare anymore, But how many kits will be born malformed,
how many will die before he has strengthen that gene, and what other
gene will he strengthen.  How many people are going to spend half their
salary, month in and month out to try and save their sick ferret.

Soren needs too know what he is.  I hate fur farms, but at least they are
honest.  The animal is breed, fed and gassed.  I would never let animals
from a fur farm lose, that is not helping them, that is just making it
worse for the animal.  So I live with the heartache.  These animals live
fast and die fast.  Do you want a run down of how the angora lives?  They
mate, she has kits, a normal ferret is mated, she has kits, Most of the
normal kits live a few hour's at the most, a few might be selected as a
future milk machine.  She gets the angora pups and the angora mother is
left looking for her kits that she cannot feed.  Because she has no kits
too feed, she will come in seasion again quickly and it all starts again.
You say he pelted ferret of 7 and 8 years old, wake up, a ferret in this
situation would never reach 7 or 8 years old, by the time its 3 its worn
out and after having had so many kits, its fur would never be worth a
dime on the fur market.  I think he curls them at about 2 to3 years old.
By then they are no good for breeding anymore.  If Soren wants to be a
breeder, he should interact with his animals, then he could re home the
ones that are of no further use for breeding.  But Soren wants to have
his cake and eat it.  Breed while you can and then earn a bit more on the
fur trade.  I might sound hash but I have seen his home page, there were
animals on that page that it is illegal to have, they belong in the wild,
what was he doing with them, trying to kook up a new colored ferret?  I
also saw the photos of the birds.  If he can leave animals in this
condition for so long, then I do not need an imagination to know how he
treats his ferrets.  I'm sorry Toram, but wake up and look at the facts
and use you're common sense.  I am not condemning him for what he has
done, but for what he is doing.  He is playing at god by producing
animals that should not have been, he is condemning these animals and
their owners to pain and heart break.  He needs to become a decent
breeder or a fur farm.  If he had not put his own trouble on the net,
tried to make a profit and changed his story so often, this discussion
would never have taken place.  At least my opinion stays the same, no
matter what people think of me.

Stephenie