From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:00:31 -0700
I've been parrousing the list reading the Dead Ferret Syndrome postings.
I'm wondering if it's more prone in the males than females.  It seems
like most postings refer to male ferrets.  Has anybody checked this out?
Of my 3 fuzzies, only the 2 males did the DFS thing.  One only once, and
the other, Oso, several times.  One time Oso was so far out of it that
after checking breathing (none), gently shaking him, poking him, calling
him, etc., no reaction - I was 90% sure he was a goner.  I was freaked out
so I carried him to my brothers house across the street so he could check
him - this is when Oso finally woke up, dazed and confused of course!
Approx. 2-3 minutes had elapsed at this point!

Other notes: Oso aka "Bad Boy" was a wild man fert while Kody aka "Woosie
Boy" (the one time DFS'r) was very passive.  Oso died of a cancerous tumor
involving the liver.  Kody died of an Adrenal Gland tumor.  Has anyone
noted any other correlations?

[WP]