From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 08:22:13 -0400
i am writing you from Michigan.  i love ferrets, and have nine of my own,
all fixed and descented.  a guy i work with has four, and keeps them
outside in a small cage, that hasn't been cleaned in a year.  there is no
litter pan and poop is piled two inches thick.  these poor little guys have
to walk across and stand in it to get water.  they are very cute, but their
fur is all urine soaked.  it tore my heart out when i saw them.  i was
ready to take them with me, right then and there.  but my fianci's said no.
we can barely afford the ones we have, and these other ones are neither
fixed nor descented.  they need a bath so badly.  i just want to cry for
them.  please.  can you recommend a friendly ferret shelter in Michigan?
i will clean them up first.  they are sooo adorable, and really need a
sanitary home.  there is one male and three females.  please reply soon,
knowing that they are suffering just tears my heart out.

a heart broken Kathleen