From:
David & Debi Christy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 11:51:28 -0600
What a COOL idea!

I do attach water bottles to the outside of cages that sit on the floor.
I use the 30"w x 30"h x 14"d style cage with stick on furniture glides
(1/4 package of a dining table/chair set with a big round one in the
center & chair leg ones in each corner on my ceramic tile floor) cages
as a 'standard' cage, so there is cage wire low enough to the floor to
attach bottles.  but it would be handy to have a free standing water
bottle in the hallway run area where there are no cages.

I've done some neat things with wire.  free standing hammocks (requires a
heavy wire & really, a vise to hold for bending.  also makes a neat 'car
seat' for my travel trained fuzzies.  yes, I have ferrets that ride in
the car with a "seat belt" and "car seat", and no carrier, lol) and paper
towel holders that hang on the side of the cage.

Will get to work on a free standing water bottle right away, lol.  Sure
is gonna hurt Sanka's (NOT decaffeinated) feelings (water bowl digger).

Debi Christy
www.ferrets1st.com