From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 21:30:22 EDT
Thought I'd write about something I know ,ferrets and felines.I have 9 meows
and 3 ferrets.Even though they are outnumbered the ferrets usually rule.They
know just how to get the cats going.I've found that most cats react one of
two ways to fuzzies,scared or curious.I actually had to teach a cat to get
up high to avoid the fuzzbutts,but once she figured out that high= no
ferts,she did it on her own.

My old man fert,Valentine,must have thought there was something wrong with
my Scottish Fold cat,Ch'ears.Their ears fold down,and Val kept trying to
straighten them out.He must have pulled on her ears for 2 years before
giving it up as a lost cause,and the silly cat just laid there.Well,nobody
said they were smart.

The cats get some of their own though,as they love to play smack the fert
when the ferrets come through the tube or go under the rug.Both species
share each others food.The ferts think cat food is yummy and the meows think
the ferrets get special food.They'll share potty boxes too,which saves me a
bit of work.Of course the cats get a funny look on their face when they see
fert poop in their box,but the fuzzies just don't care.I have caught my
HHP(household pet) in bed with the ferrets,especially if we have company,as
he's a big chicken.Guess he thinks the fuzzbutts will protect him even if he
does outweigh them 5 to 1.Well I could go on and on,but I think that's
enough.Let's just say it's a zoo around here,just ask my neighbors.

Sandy and the 3 kitty marauders
Never trust a ferret and a cat conspiring together.