From:
Denise L Voskuil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 22:48:44 CST
Just pondering the fate of the poor little ferret needlessly killed
in MD.  What else can we do?  Should we call the MD Public Health
Dept. and say we won't visit?  That we'll boycott their products?
Maybe I've been in the feminist movement for too long. :)  I plan
on writing Minneapolis Animal Control after I move out of MN (I'm
leaving grad school and adding on a degree in comp sci at my alma
mater, U of WI - Madison, BTW) and telling them exactly why I moved
out of the city (worry over my ferrets) and why I won't go back.
Minneapolis has killed a couple of ferrets who've allegedly nipped -
though suits against them found for the bereaved plaintiff.

Any ideas?  I worry they'll be counter-productive ("Nutsy ferret
owners - must be trying to hide the truth or something.").  Sorry
if I'm being too radical too - I worry about our little ones.

Hugs to your furries,
Denise (plus Rocko and Randall, 9 mo. old sable males)