From:
Phyl Spy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 19:28:43 -0600
Happy Holidays to all,

As many of you might have read on this list, I lost my Tyler on November
8th.  It tore such a hole in my heart to lose my little man, Tyler.  He
and I had such a special bond.  On the day after I lost Tyler, I was
sitting at the kitchen table and I prayed to God that he would help me
during this time of grieve and loss.  I am a very devout Christian woman
and I believe that God answers all prayers - YES, NO, NOT NOW.  As I
continued to sit at the table, I had the strongest feeling that I was
going to get a phone call in the very near future from someone close to
me and that they were going to say something like, "You are not going to
believe this, but I have a ferret you need to see."

This strong feeling continued and every time I walked by the kitchen
door, I would look out in the backyard expecting to see a little ferret
sitting there with his hammie, food dish and favorite toys, just waiting
for me to take him in.  Well, that never happened!

About three weeks after Tyler's passing, I decided to call the shelter
and ask the shelter mom if she had a single ferret that would be good for
my group.  She said she did and I went over to her house and met Simon -
a 10 month old dark sable, with the most perfect ferret face.  Simon is a
big boy and NOTHING like my Tyler.  I fell in love with him immediately
(as if you thought I wouldn't) and took him home.  Simon has been in the
shelter twice and now is in a forever home.  He has such a love of life
and finds joy in everything.  He mixed in well with my other ferrets and
is quite at home with us already.  However, the story doesn't end
here....

A week later, I get a call from the shelter mom.  She tells me that she
took in a ferret three days earlier and had the strongest urge to call me
immediately.  She said that she kept pushing this urge back and reminded
herself that I had just adopted Simon.  Well, she said she was standing
at the sink, doing dishes and she looked down at this ferret.  She said
he was staring at her and she heard in her head, "I need to be with
Phyllis".  She is a very practical woman who has little belief in the
supernatural or religious occurances.  However, she said she had to call
me to say, "Phyllis, you are not going to believe this, but you need to
see this ferret I just got in!"

I told her about my prayer and that I was not surprised by her phone
call, that I had been almost expecting it.  I went the next night to see
this little man and one look into his eyes told me that he was a Gift
from the Creator.  He was the answer to my prayer!

I will be picking him up next week and I will call him Gabriel - God's
most beloved angel and messenger!

As far as the Sandee/Sara controversy, I will add one thing.  God has
promised us that in Heaven we will be surrounded by the things we loved
most - family, friends, pets included.  There are numerous scriptures to
back this up and I strongly believe that God keeps His promises to us.
So.....AMEN to seeing our beloved fuzzies again!

Phyllis M. Spy