From:
Jenny M Blanchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:13:50 -0600
On top of all things that could possibly go wrong that did go wrong, Pogo
was gasping for breaths last night.  Hard, labored breathing, and then when
I thought she finally got better, she started hacking and retching.  And
when she tried her hardest to play on the bathroom floors, her bottom slid
out from under her.

I looked at my "ferret first aid kit" papers that I printed out from ferret
central, and it only suggested a remedy for one of the symptoms, the loss
of balance from the rear, and so I looked for honey to give her as
instructed, none, karo syrup, none, so I tried giving her some syrup.  She
licked at it three or four times, and in about ten minutes the rear-endward
balance got better, but she was still hacking, and I thought maybe she had
a hairball.  I tried giving her Vaseline, but she wouldn't take it no
matter what last night.  (she did, however, snitch some of my chicken!
boneless, of course.  <g>)

When I got up this morning she was fine, though.  Has this ever happened to
anyone?  Because I'm afraid that it's going to happen again but get worse,
and I need to know what to do about it.

BTW I'm having FML problems because my Juno account won't take messages
over 64kilobytes, and cuts the end off of anything over 60.  Would anybody
possibly be willing to send me the ones over 60 in two parts?(Juno can only
take text files [its free])

Thank you very much I.A.

                    Jen & Pogo, the
toilet-brush-attacking-super-ferret-from-Mars

[Moderator's note: Although back-issues can be requested to be sent in
pieces, it sends those pieces as attachments and juno can't handle that
either.  I don't normally accept subscriptions from juno because of their
size limit but I do make exceptions.  BIG]