Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 1997 20:39:03 EDT
I think in the day and age the idea of rabies should not be a big concern.
Not too long ago the idea of tetnus "lockjaw " was a big problem and people
died from it.( probably more than have ever died from rabies).  What has
come of this well u step on a rusty nail or whatever and u get a shot.  Well
maybe if u are bitten by a suspect animal u get a rabies shot.  I do not
know what the current series cost or the number i believe it is like three
or there abouts.  Oh well the point is getting lost why not get a shot for
rabies if u are bitten.  I do believe that veternarians and other handlers
of animals(mamals i think) get some sort of rabies vaccine and are tested
periodicaly for it effectiveness.  Is this vaccine that expensive or what .
The old punch it in the stomach series was bad news but science has
progressed.  I feel so bad that poor animals are killed and tested when it
appears not to be necessary.  Just think of all the nails , broken bottles,
etc that would have had to be tested if it were not for a good old fashion
shot.

thanks
dave