Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 00:01:23 -0800
I asked my vet today, what her opinion of how long a ferret should live.
Naturally, she said that the care given to the ferret during its life, ie:
diet, exercise, attention, etc., and health will always affect the overall
life of a ferret.

She said that currently, it is the accepted opinion in the medical world,
that ferrets are considered geriatric at 5 to 6 years of age.  7 to 8 is an
average lifetime with many reported lifespans reaching 10 years.  More than
10 years is very unusual, however there are documented cases of ferrets
reaching 13 to 15 years.

So.........Not much time with our little family members, is it?......

MC