From:
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 05:27:51 -0500
i was originally going to write a sunny, happy report on this week.  Lady
was adopted, we took in 1,300 pounds of free ferret litter (thanks uncle
Nigel, auntie Lisa, auntie Carrie and her hubby for your help!), rescued 2
poorly taken care of ferrets and all this made us happy.  i am not happy
now....

early in the week, Whiskey took ill.  she had bad poops and weakness.
mommie decided to take her to the vet.  Winter decided that he wasn't
going to allow Whiskey to go without him so he climbed into the carrier
with her and off they all went.  Whiskey's blood work was normal however
her kidney had grown (you may remember me writing of her a few months ago
when we found her kidney was very large)  While Winter was at the vets
with her, he began to fall over and loose his balance.  So the 2 of them
stayed over night at the vets.

Whiskey came home with no answers to her illness however, Winter came
home with a medication that is synthetic bile as his liver wasn't working
properly.  the kids seemed to be doing better until Friday night.

Whiskey began to loose herself, falling over, crying and when mommie
picked her up to give her some ferretone, she peed all over mom.  mommie
took her into her bedroom and cuddled her for a while and Whiskey bit her
real hard and began to cry.  mommie made the hard decision to help Whiskey
cross the Bridge.  Whiskey was 7 1/2 years old.  she was mommie's little
girl.  when she came to us, she was a timid little girl who would attack
and bite if anyone came near her.  it took mommie over a year to get her
to stop biting and trust humans, but she was worth every minute.

mommie and i are home with her and Winter now, waiting for our vet's
office to open so we can take her tiny, lifeless body to be cremated.
Whiskey joins her brothers and sisters, Akasha, Isis, Saigon & Salem at
the Bridge and is sadly missed by my mom.

Harley "Bug"

Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society
"For The Love of Our Fuzzy Friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org

Everything is okay in the end.  If it's not okay, then it's not the end.