From:
John Coder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 20:10:09 -0500
Hi all, you fellows ferret fanatics:

There seems to be an interest again in ferret IRC.  We Did have a channel on
the undernet but people had a prob connecting to a server.  As far as
irc.prospero.com goes it seems that is maintained by Qualcomm ( the people
that brought you Eudora for email ) and will only handle 1000+ users.  We
could start channel on Efnet, by far the largest of the nets around for IRC,
but some have mentioned the lag problem on that and i have to mention it is
a prob on Efnet.  There is also Dalnet and and NewNet.  Dalnet can be easily
located on on Windows based Mirc.  newnet has only a few servers but there
is not much prob connecting, personally for newnet I use irc.erinet.com
ports 6667.  Some of you other providers such as eskimo.com,epix.net are not
connected to the internet and just run a chat server for their own log-ins.
Some others servers also do this i.e. irc.winternet.com (who used to be
hooked to the efnet but is now hooked to something called GalaxyNet).  As
you can tell this is very confusing but servers must do what they can to
stay proftable-viable.

On another line one of our Fredonia rescues, Bullwinkle the 6 month old Gib,
is sneezing an awful lot lately.  I hopefully will see the vet tomorrow and
get some Amoxy in case it's an resperatory infection.  Apollo, another
Fredonia rescue, has been picking on Ashlar( our 6 yr old with insulinoma).
We've had to break the fighting up since Apollo goes for the throat.
Prosephone( I think i finally spelt it correctly)is not a social fert at
all, but that is to be expected seeing the charm school she attended ( Mr.
Friend's school for wayward ferrets)but she is beginning to at least do more
than just cuddle in our hands when either of us give her some cage-free
time.  These ferts will take time!!!!!

Also my wife would like to write a book concerning the Fredonia ferret
rescue so any of you involved with it if you would send us the info on why
you did this and the emails that were involved she would be appreciative of
that.

I will keep the FML updated on these ferts since i know so many of you had
us in your thoughts.

I soon will be putting up some jpgs on my web-page of the ferts and the trip
to the land of Dorothy.

John and Roxane

www.iac.net/~kaligula/kaligula.htm