From:
Juliana Quadrozzi - GA Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 09:17:46 -0400
I agree that animal testing is a sad fact of life.  But as a result, has
saved the lives of millions.  It's my understanding that ferrets are used
extensively for respiratory testing.  Many of my family members would not
have survived without the medications - that were probably 1st tested on
animals, maybe ferrets - for safety.

The original concerns about animal testing were justifibly brought about
because of inhumane &/or unnecessary practices.  We now have government
agencies to regulate & monitor the practices of research facilities.  &
hopefully they're doing the job as it should be done.

MF isn't doing anything any more unacceptable than any other farmer who
raises cattle, sheep, chickens, pigs, etc. for our tables.  You're probably
right about MF not having the love for these creatures that we do.  These
are our pets, they are MF's product.

Do you honestly believe that all animal testing will ever be done away with
when our society has created the need for proof-positive testing?  We live
in a litigious society, where every time a product doesn't perform as it
should, the company gets sued.

So before you condemn all animal testing think about this.  More ferrets
will die in the rabies shedding time study.  Just as they did in the
approval of the IMRAB rabies vaccine.  Are you willing to forego the
completion of the rabies shedding time study at the possible cost of your
own ferret's life?

My opinions are my own & not necessarily those of the GDFA

KODO IS DEAD - LONG LIVE KODO

Juliana
Frodo, Rocks, Anola Gay, SNAFU, FUBAR, Tabu,
Chaos, Tuxedo, Bijou, Fiasco, & Dazzle