From:
Bobbie Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 14:12:32 -0400
Well Joey had surgery and came home minus a spleen.  There was a mass
attached to the spleen which is being sent in for biopsy.  Dr. Brown said
everything else looks good and we should know about the biopsy in about 5
working days.  Joey is moving a little slow but the Dr. said she thinks he
will be just fine.  Toby (4 mo. old silvermitt) can't understand why Joey
doesn't want to play.  I have to keep them apart for awhile and Toby's not
real happy about that.

Joey is on Baytril pills which he has to take two times a day.  The Dr. said
to break the pill in quarters and put them in something he likes to eat
(baby food or chicken).  The problem is Joey doesn't like anything else but
his regular food.  Although he loves raisins.  So instead of getting two
raisins a day like he used to.  He now gets about eight.  I can only put 1/4
of his pill per raisin.  The only other thing he like is Nutrical.  When I
was giving him his pill this morning he ate one of the raisins but not the
pill that was inside it.  So I put it in a lump of Nurtical and it worked.
I guess thats the trick what every works.

Well thanks to all of you for sending us your prayers and positive thoughts,
they worked.

Bobbie   (Joey and Toby's mom)
Toby   ("Come on Joey lets play pleeeeese")
Joey   ("Mom Tobys buggin me again")