From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:42:04 EST
I've used bag balm for a long time.Started using it on the horse,moved to
the cats and baby butts(2 legged),and then on to ferrets for a variety of
ailments.Just about anything topical,rashes,dry skin and boo-boos to name
a few.It's the best thing I've ever found for diaper rash.Clears it up
quicker than the expensive baby remedies.I'll always have a can of it
around.

Poor Taz has more of a problem with his yuchy medicine than I thought.I
knew he didn't like it,but the first two days he took it like a man.The
treat afterward helped.This morning however,he lost it.Control of his
bladder that is.I was giving him his medicine,and he was taking it,not
liking it,but taking it,when I felt something warm in my lap.Yes,he had
peed all over me.Well,I had to laugh.Sorry Taz.I knew it was not a fun
experience,but not a traumatic one.Poor boy,looked really embarrassed.I
guess Jasmine is the tough guy of the house,she's the only one who takes it
without protest.Honey has to become what I call a ferret burrito.I wrap her
up in a towel,so she can't use her front feet to push it away.This was
adapted from the kitty burrito technique.Sugar just uses the twist and
jerk,usually works once or twice.Thank goodness I only have to give this
stuff twice a day.You're right Flagyl is the worst ferret medicine to
give.Only 6 1/2 days to go.Hope Taz makes it through.I will use a towel
next time though,just in case.

Valentine brought me a rainbow yesterday.Not an easy feat,considering how
dry it's been.Thanks Skeeter for telling him we love him.

Sandy ( C'mon,just a little more.)
Jasmine ( Yuch, if I must.)
Taz (EEEwwww,help me.)
Honey ( No way,yuch.)
Sugar ( Can't they make this taste better?)

If you remain calm,you just don't have all the facts.