From:
Donna Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 13:03:36 EDT
I've just finished reading a great book, it's called Chicken Soup for the
Pet Lover's Soul.  If you haven't read it yet, rush right out and buy it!
While you're at it, also pick up a large box of tissues to have on hand,
you'll need them.  Whether you're a dog, cat, bird or ferret lover, the
book is full of short stories about pets as teachers, healers, heroes and
friends.  This book will warm your heart and you won't be able to put it
down until you've read the very last page.  Unfortunately, there are no
stories in here about ferrets.  Since I've been thinking for some time about
writing a book about ferrets and just haven't found the time, this book has
inspired me again.  I would like to ask any FMLer interested to submit a
story that may be used for my book.  Your stories don't need to be anything
elaborate, just any simple or short story about your experience with and
passion for ferrets.  Some ideas might be to tell how they have effected or
changed your life, maybe how one of your ferrets stands out from all the
others or how ferrets have touched your heart.  Don't worry about spelling,
grammar, wording, or the like.  Just submit your heartfelt thoughts and I'll
do the rest.  The only requirement is that the stories are real, no fiction,
and that you give me permission to publish them (I'll contact you later
about permissions).  I'm also interested in ferret drawings to add to the
book.  If you have any you would like submit, no matter how simple, let me
know.