Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 1992 10:27:23 -0500
1) What's the best way to go about introducing a new ferret into an
already 1 ferret household?

I have seen programs of introducing a new kitten into a household
already having a cat.  They suggested leaving the kitten in one room and
allow the cat to find it on it's own.  Would this work with ferrets?

Let's here some stories from people out there with more than one rug
shark already running around.

2) Also, I was wondering what would be the best ferret to get (age, sex)
if I already have a 1.5 yr old female convenience ferret, Bandy.  I was
thinking about getting another female around her age so that she
wouldn't have to cope with a kit or one that is much older than her.

3) How many people out there have "spiteful" ferrets?  I think I do.
After telling Bandy "No" for something, she will hiss at me and silently
sneak up near my feet, bite them (usually hard), then scurry away as
fast as she can.

        Rob,
        aka "Personality conflict"