From:
Katie Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 1992 10:46:05 -0500
I had no idea things could move so fast -- three days ago,
I was resigned to Bandit's eventual demise without having
a clue what was really wrong with him -- and now I feel like
I'm in a whole new world, with people who really know about
and care about "ferrooties," and even have hope for B-man.

I'd like to ask again about how I might get issues #190-#224
(another example of how quickly things can change -- I only found
out about this mailing list Wednesday and already I'm addicted!!).
Are they no longer being uploaded to Compuserve?  From my readings,
it looked like a fair number of subscribers found out about the
list through CIS.

[There is no FTP access to the whole set of issues.  I've been
trying to find one and send the whole thing - articles 001 thru
whatever.  But no luck yet.  It's quite large, and we have to pay
for our link per byte, so I will only mail the thing out *once*.

Incidentally, I calculated out that sending the last issue out
cost me (well, actually, my company) approximately $12.  So
I may have to consider pacing this stuff a bit.]

Did anything ever happen with the idea of getting university
veterinarians on internet to sign on?  I know, for instance, that
the associate dean for student affairs at the vet school at the
University of Pennsylvania is on internet, as well as the.
director of annual programs (fundraising director).

Bandit was feeling pretty perky this morning. After he has his
prednisone, he insisted on trying to climb into the pocket of
my husband's leather jacket, and dragged away both a pair of
my husband's leather sneakers & a pair of mine and "hid" them
under the bed.  We weighed him again, and he appears to have
gained another ounce, up to 2 lbs, 3 oz.  (Of course, he has
a way to go to regain his former 3-plus pound weight.)

That's all for now.  I don't want to wear out my welcome.

Thanks,
Katie, Jeff, Bandit, Molly & Charlie