From:
Tressie Dutchyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2008 17:05:11 -0300
Adrenal costs, as well as other veterinary costs are dependent on where
you live. There was a recent discussion on the FHL about the costs of
adrenal surgery and costs ranged anywhere from $250.00 to $2600.00.
There are very good reasons for this seemingly outrageous range i.e.,
property values, staff salaries, etc.

I could tell you what tests cost me, however, that wouldn't help you
much unless you lived in my area. For example, an ultrasound cost me
$500.00 that was done by a board certified radiologist, who is also a
veterinarian.

The Tennessee panel ranges from $170.00 to $200.00, but may be higher
or lower than that range - depending on the overhead of sending the
test, drawing blood, etc. at your local veterinary clinic. It also
takes 2 - 3 weeks for the results.

I have heard people complain about the high costs of Lupron injections
and I'm not sure what they are paying but it costs me $36.00 for a
one-month Lupron Depot injection, which I consider more than
reasonable, given I paid $34.00 for a dropper bottle of Clavamox. On
the other hand we don't even have Melatonin implants here, they have to
be ordered from the U.S. (I'm in Canada) - so costs are higher, that
is, in my area. Consequently Melatonin implants are not even offered.
I can buy a bottle of liquid Melatonin (3 mg.) at the local drug store
for $25.00.

Bottom line - check with your local veterinarian.

Good luck with your gang!

Tressie A. Dutchyn, PhD (c)
Dalhousie University
Research Project Coordinator