From:
Tressie Dutchyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2008 08:12:54 -0300
>...she gets so embedded inside I have to disassemble the furniture to
>get her out. This is not at all good. I have sprayed bitter apple on
>all of it, that helps allot but does not stop it by any means. Am at
>a loss of how to stop that other than keeping her in the cage 24x7 or
>watching her every instant of any out time she may have."

When I moved last fall I looked for a new couch that was as 'ferret
proof' as possible. Fortunately I found one that has the back cushions
permanently attached and the seat cushions are so tight it is
impossible to slip my hand anywhere in between them and I removed the
legs so that it sits flat on the floor.

Obviously this would be a major and costly purchase - short of watching
her every instant when she's out, and checking every time before you
sit or lie down, I don't see an alternative.

Tressie A. Dutchyn, PhD (c)
Dalhousie University
Research Project Coordinator
Community Health & Epidemiology