From:
meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 06:22:19 PST
hi everyone!

i emailed directly about the boxsprings, but since it has come up on the
list again I thought I'd add my solution...so far it has worked..

I just bought a simple fitted sheet and put it on the boxspring upside
down.  This way, the bottom the the box spring is covered with the sheet
and the mattress that is on top of it holds it in place.  no stapling
needed!  I only chose this method b/c i didn't have an extra sheet i wanted
to cut up, since i needed to purchase one anyway, this was more convenient
for me.  my backup plan: if they are somehow able to figure a way past it
(not yet in 3+ years, but you never know) i intend to put another fitted
sheet on boxspring (as if it were going on a regular matress) thus the
boxspring is covered in a sheet and if needed it can be removed fairly
easy!

As far as soy milk goes, i give mine a little every once in a while.  only
vanilla (haven't tried chocolate).  They get a little diarrhea with it, but
not like regular dairy.  If you have any other comments you aren't going
to post on the web regarding soy milk, could you send along to me?  After
Ilena's post, i realized, i didn't think of everything!!

and one last comment: for anyone purchasing a tub for the "ricebox"
remember to give you fuzzies burrowing room!  I bought a tub, a little
too small all over.  not tall enough, so i need to leave the top off
istead of cutting the corners and keeping the rice in, and a little short
lengthwise..keera keeps plowing head first into the sides of the tub!  she
loves it so much!!

right now, they see it as a solitary toy.  finding no need to chase
anything but my hand in there, playing one at a time, but i caught fezzik
and keera digging for china in there yesterday..so maybe they will soon
see the fun of exploring together.

so far no one is eating it, but they are getting rice dust on their nose.
iu tried rinsing it the best i could...but it is tough!!  any suggestions??

have a great day!
:)
meagan
and the monsters...