From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 23:09:35 -0600
Hi Everyone,

Well, I have gotten several requests for the recipe I fed to Stanley.  This
is based on a version of Gary Holiwicki's recipe for Timmy.  I try to feed
the basics or extra on a regular basis.  Most of the ingredients are now
more readily available than before, so you can usually come up with a
suitable substitute if needed.

My gang really loves it, even the cats.  Well, except for Nicky Boy, who
doesn't eat anything but kibble, no matter what I do.  So he gets force
fed 2-3 droppers to help out his gut (which he needs with his slow moving
bowel, you know gets bloated).

hugs,
Mags

Here is what I used for Stan the Man:

Stanley's Recipe
The basics:
1 jar Earth's Best Baby food, meat variety
Water to thin (I guesstimate)
1 heaping teaspoon Kitten Milk Replacer Powder (I have had a hard time
finding this now, so I leave it out)
1 teaspoon Pet Tinic

Extras:
1/4 teaspoon vitamin C powder
1/4 teaspoon electrolyte powder for cats and dogs (from Omaha Vaccine)
1 teaspoon Missing Link Cat Supplement (Petscriptions 1 800 774-7397)
1 capsule taurine
1 teaspoon acidolpholous powder (don't give at the same time as colloid
  silver, it will just kill the bacteria)
1 teaspoon Organic Flax Seed oil

For ece or diarrhea:
1 crushed tablet Viraplex (Enzymatic Therapy 1800-783-2286)
3 droppers of Colloid Silver
1/2 can Ensure or Deliver (substituted for the water in the basic recipe)

Mix together until smooth.  I use one of those Braun hand held blenders,
that look like an old fashion malt maker.  If the ferret won't eat on his
own out of a bowl, I hand feed or force feed with a baby's medicinal
dropper.  These have bulbs on one end and are marked in ml and cc,
something like a mini turkey baster.  If the ferret is really stubborn, I
will make a little ferret burrito with a kitchen towel and force the
dropper in the mouth.  This is a case of swallow or drown.  It may seem
cruel, but is sometimes required.