From:
Alexandra Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2012 20:28:29 +0000
Dear Lonny-

As to whether or not a Siberian Weasel is a weasel or not, I can only
refer you to his Wikipedia. entry. I have *no* special knowledge.

"The Siberian weasel ( Mustela sibirica ), also known as the kolonok,
is a medium-sized species of weasel native to Asia . It is classed as
Least Concern for extinction by the IUCN , due to its wide distribution
and presumably large numbers.In form and hunting behaviour, the
Siberian weasel represents a transitional form between small mustelids
(such as stoats and least weasels ) and their larger cousins (minks
and polecats)"

Can't help you beyond that.

And Taquita, Caff-Pow was surfing with his wicked little paws on the
keyboard. I just didn't want to let on that I was watching over his
shoulder.

Alexandra in MA