From:
Alexandra Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2012 02:19:39 +0000
Dear Ferret Folks-

I'm familiar with a lot of the more common Mustelids. But every now and
then I run into another that takes my breath away. I found this fellow
surfing last night. He is the "Siberian Weasel" or "Kolonok" and he is
beautiful. If anything, he is *more* agile, *more* athletic than a
ferret which suggests to me that hmmm. Maybe I should admire him from
a distance, but not co-habitate with him. He looks as though he could
run circles around me all day and all night.

In this first video a man plays with his Siberian "Buika."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmScbLUrnNU

The Siberians in this longer video begin as kits, and grow to be full
size. There is somewhat cheesy music that actually veers into Christmas
carols at several points, so check your volume level. There are no
weasel sounds. A regular ferret appears at several points and seems
like a slow moving bus by comparison.
http://ecsdave.com/workathome/videos/view.php?id=1BLUZvVDF9I

Alexandra in MA