From:
Kim Schilling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:30:03 -0500
PETA is the LAST organization any true animal person should ever want
involved in a situation like Utah is facing.  PETA campaigns for NO animals
in captivity, whether it be cats, dogs, ferrets, goldfish, whatever!  Most
members of PETA have no idea the hidden agendas of the extremist group.
Better off dead than in captivity is their motto - and they practice that!
PETA has no business getting involved in such a matter.  They know nothing
about shelters, relocating, etc... They are not a humane organization.
The don't run a shelter.  They are an extremist group who uses propaganda
to generate millions of dollars to fight the very people who unknowingly
support them - the pet owners!  A seizure of this magnitude in Utah will
only be used against ferret owners in the future!  It is the perfect
propaganda they are looking for!  One more reason ferrets shouldn't be kept
as pets!  I have seen PETA in action.  I was a PETA member once.  I have
countless horror stories I could tell that I KNOW to be true.  They would
make you sick.  PETA is NOTHING about animal welfare!  They are about
eliminating all animals in captivity and putting more restraints on pet
owners than there already are!  They want to close zoos, shelters, pet
shops, etc... Those of you who support PETA probably have no idea what
you're really supporting!  Do some research!!!!!!  And leave PETA out of
matters like this.  They aren't involved to help.  They're involved to
hurt.

Kim Schilling