Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 02:17:27 -0600
hiya everyone, just thought id update you on the rescues we did on friday.

5 whole male ferrets in the back room of a pet shop in a cage about the size
of 2 ten gallon aquariums for 3-4 months.

well, theyre doing pretty good.  i found the culprit that gave the whole
litter a bad name (ever had a ferret hang from your arm?  OWIE!!)

i brought them all home, bathed them.  the water was horribly dirty after
one ferret.  the two albinoes are actually white, not yellow/brown!  *grin*
the nail cutting was an ordeal, their claws so long i had to sue the dog
nail cutters instead of regular fingernail clippers... they curled around my
fingers!

one of the sables is missing an ear.  we named hin van gogh, and have
decided to add him to our family for good.  the biter has a big M on his
forehead, so we have dubbed him lil' m-ster *heh*.  the 2 albinos are dubbed
'wiggle and jiggle' because theyre the most playful (wiggle actually DIVES
under the water, eyes open, and inspects the drin in the tub!) the smallest
ferret we have 'named' sneak (he loves to sneak out the door!)

theyre doing very well, and are getting much better.  theyve been sniffing
the other ferrets under the crack of the door suring playtime.

so we still have 4 ferrets that need homes!  theyre all very cute and will
be wonderful pets.

a good thing has come out of this.  i called john pummill, and told him
about these ferrets (he is on the ferret database from starr ferrets) and he
put me in contact with a few other people from mississippi.  we have decided
that there is a need for a ferret shelter in central mississippi.  everyone
has been trying to figure out WHERE to put it, so..  my garage is now being
converted into a ferret rescue/shelter/referral service.

weve had a whole bunch of people saying they will donate time (for
renovations) or cages, food and supplies.

serious renovations will begin the 2nd of january, if any of you are
interested in helping, PLEASE email me privately.

Thank you to all the people that have responded, the support has been
WONDERFUL!