Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 21:45:34 -0600
hi everyone.  first id like to say 'happy belated thanksgiving' and i hope
you survived the shopping masses today (UGH!)

I decided i was going to start shopping today, and actually started out
trying to find a color scanner for my mom and dad... well i took a short
detour into the petstore (big mistake for my pocketbook but a lifesaving
trip for the ferrets.)

there were 3 sweet little guys in the window, so i went in and asked to see
one (was going to buy it to keep the other ferts company, i just lost one to
adrenal disease) the girl there knows me because i take my ferrets in all
the time to visit.  after i asked to see one (couldnt have been more than 6
weeks old) she said they had a bunch of 'wild ferrets' in the back that
theyve had for about 4 months, that they were afraid to sell, because they
had bit people.

i asked her if i could see them, expecting to see one or 2... there were 5!!
in a TINY cage, about the size of 2 10 gallon aquariums.  they were all
males ... not sure how old they are, 3 havefully distended testicles, one 1
testicle, and the other is just barely peeping out.

not only were they all in this tiny cage, but they were also in wood
shavings.  they could not stand up, or even walk the cage was so small.

while my boyfriend was standing there in horror, i asked how much they would
sell them all to me for.  YES I BOUGHT THEM!  i could not stand seeing them
in this horrible cage!  (there goes my xmas money heh)

so anyways: i now have 5 whole males that need new homes.  the reason they
were branded as bad ferrets was because they got out of their cage and ate
some of the birds in the store (do you blame them?!?!)

they are $100 apiece, and i can deliver them near xmas time if you live
anywhere between texas, mississippi and ohio, and would be more than willing
to meet ppls halfway anywhere else as long as i dont have to drive more than
400 miles or so.

the christmas season is near, please help these babies (and me! i now
have 9 ferrets and a zillion other animals!)