From:
Helen Andersson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 09:17:53 +0100
Hi

A friend recommended a vet to talk to about the blue/black ears.  He was
familiar with the fact that Ortena eardrops could cause tissues of the ears
to die and drop off!  For all my swedish friends who are concered about
this, this vet is gonna write a recommondation to SVA that the drops shall
not be used on ferrets( and only on cats when infected as well as mites)

My darling albino guess lost his chance to a second try to win the contest
of 'largest ears'( he came second last spring) sigh..and I loved to kiss
thoose beautiful ears( all the other ferrets agree).  Little Otto who is not
that bad will still loose a bit off the ear, the other two got through
witout any defects, guess that's because they are not as sensitiveas albinos
and silver Georgia; you asked if the part shouldn't be removed, I asked the
vet and he said there was no chance off spreading( well I messure the
defected part twice a day anyway).

At the moment I just wanna take a flight to England and kick the
=2E..#@=A4.. of Pitman-Moore, if you know what I mean. I gave the local
pet-hospital a hard time this morning, hard when the nurse sounded
just as upset as me......

Tomorrow I'll be happy again knowing they all survived and are healthy
that's all that really matters, isn't it ?

Take care and thanks for the support

Helen, Wilma, Tod, Hubert( now called soldier Blue) & Otto