From:
Steven Markowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 07:20:32 EDT
Bobby -

We have a ferret with insulinoma also.  She was diagnosed about when yours
had surgery.  We started her out on just the insulinoma elixir and she did
great on only that for about 6 months.  After that, we finally had to put
her on prednisolone and proglycem.  WE started her on 0.02cc (yes, that
little, we have to measure it with a tuberculine syringe) of each 2 times a
day.  She did fine with just that and the elixir for a long time but we have
slowly had to increase her to 0.12cc.  She's doing great on the meds and
about 2tbs of the elixir 3 times a day.

If you need a copy of the elixir, I can send it to you.  The ingredients are
somewhat hard to find but we have been able to find everything but one
ingredient in our local grocerystore and pet store.  Though you might need
to find a natural/health food store if you don't have a big grocery with a
vitamin section.

Take care,

Steven