From:
mireille chiasson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 12:35:00 +0000
Hello William,

The same thing happened to my girl Molly.  I got back one day and her cage
was full of blood.  I got really scared!  I picked her up and noticed that
her paw was bloody, that's when i saw that her nail was missing.  The blood
had already coagulated so that the bleeding had stopped, thank God!  The
only thing i did with Molly was sure to keep the wound clean.  I cleaned it
with peroxide and kept a close look at it.  The nail has now grown back.
The nail is not straight, it grew in a sort of curved angle.  Doesn't seem
to bother Molly at all.  So keep the wound clean and if any sign of infection
appears make sure to take her to a vet.

Sincerly, Mireille
Antha, Lucy, Molly, Chavez