From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2007 10:09:32 -0400
Dear Ferret Folks-

Thank you for all the information about GP's, and mastitis in GP's.
Tribble's people use corn cob bedding, but I have known them to be
pretty lax in changing it. They were happy to learn that keeping that
bedding really clean could well make a substantial difference in the
number of mastitis "attacks" Tribble has. They promise to do a better
job with that, and I am going to check to make sure that they do. They
are also going to try to get a little more vitamin C in her as some of
you have suggested.

They are also going to buy a small aloe vera plant so that they can rub
a bit on her bad nipple on a regular basis, let it dry, and release
her. (My thought here is to make them pay more attention to that
nipple, to be more aware of how it is doing, and one of the web sites
suggested aloe to dissolve any dried 'crud' oozing from a nipple.)
They will continue with the warm baths when she is distended, and they
promise NEVER to squeeze the icky stuff out again, now that you have
let them know that the act could spread infection into surrounding,
healthy tissue. The situation is still not ideal, but things are going
to get better, thanks to you.

I thank you, and Tribble thanks you.
Alexandra in MA