Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 23:03:37 EST
So far not a single person out there has written of knowing a vet who
scrubs his or her hands before examining the patients.

So far not a single person knows of a vet whose examination table is wiped
off, then sprayed down and left to dry for 10 minutes on a consistent
basis-or at all.

Of over 3000 people from all over the world on our FML-isn't there anybody
that knows of an office that is following proper protocol to prevent the
spread of diseases, infections, and parasites?????????????

There should be hundreds of people with vets that scrub their hands and
spray down the table..  Instead-I am actually hearing from people about
vet offices that actually have vets telling the assistants NOT to clean,
so that disease can spread, and the office can have more business.

I am so shocked.  This appears to be a serious and widespread problem.

Does anyone have a vet office that is preventing the spread of infection,
disease, and parasites?

Lisette

[Moderator's note: Maybe as a moderator I'm supposed to stay neutral, so
say I offer this as information.  Though the allegation did tick me off!

I consider myself fairly well connected, having worked for vets, visted,
accompanyed, observed, have relatives and friends who work for vets, and
I can assure you *all* places I have ever observed take sanitation and
disease prevention precautions *very* seriously.  And I'm talking a LOT
of places...  And further, personally, I find the allegation that vets
encourage disease transmission to be quite far-fetched.  BIG]