Kathleen Marie Crombez <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:38:42 -0500
The absolute best item I have found to use on the floor is low grade 3%
hydrogen peroxide (H2O2). Durring the reacion process it breaks down
and releases water and oxygen. While it is a weak acid, and high
concentrations can burn you, the over the counter mixture is diluted to
only contain 3% H2O2. It is very safe to use, no caustic chemicals and
no odor. It is a wonderful disinfectant that kills bacteria, viruses,
and fungi.

It is great to use on linoleum or tile. This stuff is the best. Your
floor will never feel so clean. Also wonderful on carpet (but do a spot
test first if your carpet is really dark, as the peroxide could cause
bleaching on certain carpets. Though I've never had that problem). I
have never tried it on wood floors, but do not see a problem if the
floor is sealed.

If you are like me, and sometimes find those really hard and glued on
poopies, you can let it sit and react (fizz-up) as it eats those little
floor surprises away. But, please don't let the ferrets walk in it
while it is reacting, it could burn their little feets. Not usually a
problem, but if you have ever used it on wounds, you know it does sting
a little, and if their pads are cracked at all, it could sting.

Do a quick google search and you will have several results that
advertise the "many" benificial uses of low grade 3% hydrogen peroxide.