From:
Cindy Scheidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2011 19:07:30 -0400
The ferrets at the Ferret Villa Shelter wanted to remind everyone that
on Friday, April 8 at midnight their Fundraiser ends. The drawing with
be held on Thursday, April 14 (plenty of time to send your payment in).
On Friday, April 15 the winners will be contacted & announced on the
FML.

The Fundraiser consists of 38 Exciting Prize Packages, Bonuses & a
Tower of Fun that the ferrets wanted mom & dad to make & donate.
http://www.villaferretsfundraiser.com/

Our mom & dad have always tried to be on the giving end of other's
needs including individuals, rescues, shelters, and raffles. They
always donate to the S.O.S. raffle, normally a Tower of Fun because
they know that it brings in lots of tickets for such a good cause.

They work with the Kenton County Animal Shelter, which is a kill
shelter, and mom says that she must be on speed dial when a ferret
is turned it but she is glad cause she can save its life.

When the H1N1 hit our shelter, our mom & dad sure were not ready for
it nor did they ever dream what was ahead for all of us. When our vet
bill got to be $ 7,500.00 they knew that for the first time, they
were going to need some help. What they did not know was that this
number would continue to climb as we ferrets were going to need
additional care, especially those that were compromised.

Then to add to that number even more, we would need our regular vet
care to stay healthy, surgeries & implants. Wow that number has
climbed already,.

Apollo was the first one to the vets and he died within 24 hours. The
decision was to have a necropsy done because they needed to help the
rest of us that were coming down with something, cage by cage and
there were just no answers.

Then Heinz was rushed to the vets one evening and he was placed in an
incubator and given all sorts of yucky stuff. The vet took a throat
swab and sent it off to the lab and it came back positive for H1N1 so
wow did things get a lot worse. Mom and Dad kept running us back &
forth to the vets for all sorts of emergency care.

At home they were doing fluids, nebulizer treatments, soups, nose
drops, force feedings and just holding whoever needed that extra care.
Even with all of us sick, they never gave up on us. We heard mom tell
dad that she was afraid that she would get a call for the Kenton
County Shelter and she knew she would not be able to pick one up but
she thought she could call Auntie Ann to help out.

We don't want anyone to think that we are being greedy cause we have
never asked for any help until now. If you are able to go to our site
http://www.villaferretsfundraiser.com/ and maybe pick out a prize
you like, we ferrets like all of them. If you don't want to do that,
donations are always welcome like n-bones, treats, and " WOOPS "  here
comes mom and she said Donations meant $ 1.00 or what ever a person
could afford and that we just needed to understand that for now, we
need $ to help to pay the vet bill down cause it has even gotten
larger and we do not want to say "NO" to the Kenton County Kill
Shelter cause those ferrets deserve life..

All us ferrets and our Mom and Dad, even Pewter the cat say Thank You
from the bottom of our hearts