From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 1995 20:43:39 -0400
Hullo, all.

Well, the article in the ann arbor news went out today (sunday!  we got
first page of a section in the sunday paper!).  I'll scan the picture and
summarize the article, because i dont think i can post the entire thing,
right, BIG?  anyway, they paraphrased me a lot, quoted extensive passages
from my vet who sounded pressured into giving a negative report, and made a
huge fuss about a recent biting and the fact that ferrets are dangerous
carriers of rabies.  what-EVER.  If someone can point me to various rabies
stats (transmissions and contractions) i will send a letter with references
to the News.  Cute pictures, though.  the article starts out something
like, 'Melissa Litwicki alternately plays with and chides her ferret Noodle
as she (sic) tumbles around and nips her mistress' hand.' hah.  Took Noodle
out to play with Gozer today, and the two of them made horrible noises
while wrestling at first, then settled down to ambushing each other and
chasing each other under the radiator.  TOO cute.

Potpie's had normal stool for about four or five days now, and has been
eating quite a bit. im tapering off the reglan/prednisone (as per
prescription) so i guess we'll see if her symptoms return. here's hoping
she continues on her road to recovery.

Dr. Williams (nice pic!) said:

> Lots of materials absorb moisture.  The sheer size of this material
>will prevent ferrets from getting it up their nose

i giggled - the first picture that popped to mind was that of Noodle,
with a packing peanut squished into one nostril.

Pam Greene- if i hadnt downloaded the sound file of ferrets wrestling, i
would've thought Noodle and Gozer were massacring each other. It's neat
how when a certain pitch is sounded, the aggressor will immediately back
off.  well, unless the aggressor is Potpie...hee.

Thanks to all for their support and advice while we've been fighting
this, and my sympathy to all those who've lost their companions recently.
Potpie is my confidant and companion and familiar and i am astonished at
how constantly she reminds me of how glad i am to have her to share my
life with. Your pets are always with you, even after their passing, in
the memories and experiences you shared that changed you and made you the
people you are today.

Melissa, Potpie, Friday, & Noodle (i'm a celebrity!)

    Melissa Litwicki                                    [log in to unmask]
    Radio Controlled Operation In Vivid Six Ways Of Movement With Reality!